Computer Systems Specialist
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, 15219
Reports to: Director of Government Affairs/ IT Manager
Manages Others: No
Job Type: Biotechnology, Information Technology/Computer Systems
Education & Experience Required: Associate’s degree with 1+ years IT helpdesk experience
Related Degree Programs: Information technology, information management, or business with an emphasis on information systems
Preferred Experience: 1+ years experience working with information sYstems in an FDA regulated environment
(A combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration)
Noveome, Inc. is a dynamic Biopharmaceutical company with innovative platform technology that represents a paradigm shift in the development of novel therapeutics. Unlike most drugs that are single molecules, Noveome’s product is a complex mixture of biological factors that is believed to have the ability to address a wide range of conditions and injuries. Noveome collaborates with major research centers to advance these therapeutic applications and has initiated clinical trials.
The Computer System Specialist is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software to prevent and minimize downtime. This position works closely with all functional areas that require computer systems support in the office and laboratory. This position troubleshoots problems and proactively plans for future needs. The Computer Systems Specialist establishes best practices and standard operating procedures, and communicates the importance of these activities throughout the organization.
What you will do for Noveome:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides technical helpdesk support to all internal PCs, equipment, and software issues. Ensures all desktop and laboratory computers are properly configured and operational for personnel and within established policies and guidelines. Responsible for the daily management, scheduling, and setting priority to incoming support requests through a manual ticketing system.
- Provides remote user support via telephone, e-mail, and online meetings as needed. Setup and support meeting equipment as required, including hardware, software, and access.
- Provides training to personnel executing protocols, and works with Quality Assurance to close out executed protocols.
- Collaborates with each department to identify, recommend, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for each department’s needs. Assists users to proactively identify what equipment or software will be needed as operational needs develop.
- Identifies opportunities to proactively address user errors, improve user education and streamline business processes. Provides reports to management to determine course of action for remediation.
- Develops and revises IT Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that support computer systems in compliance with FDA regulations to be approved by management. Follows best practices of change control management and documentation to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and other regulatory standards.
- Maintains desktop security through virus definition updates, spyware protection, etc. Performs necessary steps for generating and installing new software releases and corrective codes on the server supplied by the vendor and installs client software for users.
- Installs, troubleshoots and operates company-wide electronic mail and domain name systems. Sets up and deactivates email, printing, and shared drive access according to the approval policies set by the Human Resources, Quality Assurance, and IT departments.
- Installs, troubleshoots, maintains and modifies computer and network system software and hardware, including desktop and laptop systems, printers, mobile devices, routers, bridges, gateways, servers, and repeaters. Software includes the VPN client software for all remote users and general office software.
- Maintains inventory of computers, printers, phones, and software. Manages request process for approval to purchase equipment, software, and schedule repairs. Requests are initiated by the user, acknowledged by the reporting manager, and approved by IT management.
- Handles a wide range of IT special projects related to systems integration, operational efficiency improvements, and infrastructure upgrades.
- Please note, as a company rooted in innovation, our positions are consistently evolving and we champion the development of all roles. This job description is not designed to contain comprehensive listing of all responsibilities that are required, as they may change to meet the ongoing needs of the Company.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Windows OS: XP, 7, 8.1, and 10
- Mac OS X: 10.8-10.12
- Android and iOS devices
- Office 365
- Laboratory automation and software systems
- Experience with managing an active directory and VoIP phones
- Windows server administration
Attributes of Success
- Communication Problem Solving Task Oriented Self MotivatedPunctuality Accuracy Prioritization Organization
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Duties may include the ability to lift and carry computer equipment and peripherals including desktops, printers, and servers up to 40 pounds. Occasional stooping, crawling, and kneeling are necessary. There may be exposure to moderate noise levels from high-speed computer printers and other laboratory equipment.
This is a non-exempt full time position with a regular schedule of Monday through Friday work hours. Extended hours may be needed on occasion to complete company objectives.
What Noveome Will Do for You
Noveome provides transparency in expectations, encourages innovative thinking, opportunities for expanded learning, competitive salaries, and a clean safe work environment. Eligible employees will appreciate the comprehensive benefits package and wellness perks. Best of all you will enjoy working with colleagues at all levels in our open receptive work environment.
For consideration, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Noveome Biotherapeutics, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.