ABOUT NOVEOME BIOTHERAPEUTICS, INC.
Noveome Biotherapeutics, Inc. is a dynamic biopharmaceutical company with an innovative platform technology that represents a paradigm shift in drug development. Unlike most drugs that are single molecules directed at specific indications, Noveome’s product is a complex mixture of biomolecules that is believed to have the ability to treat a wide range of conditions and injuries. Noveome collaborates with major research centers to advance these therapeutic applications.
The Research and Development Scientist I will organize and execute research and development projects in an effort to achieve department objectives within the specified project timelines. This position participates in the development of cell based biochemical analytical assays, executes laboratory experiments, and presents data to department and cross functional project teams. This Research and Development Scientist I will assist in guiding the work of Research and Development personnel as well as develop strategies for product and process transfers to Quality Assurance and Manufacturing.
WHAT YOU WILL DO FOR NOVEOME
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Participates in the initiation, development, qualification and validation of assays and experiments determined by the current indications and projects approved by management.
• Participates in the design and assists in the execution of experiments and preclinical studies.
• Performs a data analysis review and interprets the results of experiments and assays.
• Troubleshoots assays and experiments, identifies problems, and initiates plans to resolve the issues.
• Generates reports including results summaries related to assay qualification, research experiments, Investigational New Drug (IND) submissions, regulatory agency guidelines, grant opportunities, and publications.
• Updates management on various projects as they may relate to manufacturing, research, development or preclinical studies.
• Participates in research and development team meetings as well as interdisciplinary meetings regarding current and upcoming projects.
• Assists with training of staff scientist positions in experimental methods and design.
• Provides analytical testing support for new dosage forms. Works closely and lead analytical scientists in analytical method development and drug product stability assessment.
• Participates in strategy development for product and process transfers to Quality Control and Manufacturing, process scale- up activities, and clinical supplies manufacture.
• Participates in the development cell-based assays to be used in target validation studies and medium throughput screening campaigns.
• Performs bioanalytical experiments, supports pre-clinical efforts by designing and conducting laboratory studies, actively contributes to project and program teams and provides clear and consistent communication of ideas, data, conclusions and outcomes.
• Stocks research and development inventory and notifies management when items need replenished.
• Assists research team in carrying out product and process transfers to Quality Control and manufacturing and process scale- up activities.
• Manages research supplies and inventory supplies as needed. Maintains and monitors research equipment daily.
Please note, as a company rooted in innovation, our positions are consistently evolving, and we champion the development of all roles. This job description is not designed to contain comprehensive listing of all responsibilities that are required, as they may change to meet the ongoing needs of the Company.
• Protein isolation and analysis (cell extract, preparation, SDS-PAGE and western blotting)
• Cell based assays (proliferation, migration, apoptosis)
• Enzyme assays
• Cell culture and aseptic technique
• Assay qualification and validation
• Gel electrophoresis
• Western blotting
• qPCR, flow cytometry
• Microscopy and Immunohistochemistry (IHC)
• Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
• Evidence of independent research
• Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) knowledge
• High Pressure Liquid Chromotography (HPLC)
• Fast protein liquid chromatography (FPLC)
• Ultra Performance Liquid Chromotography (UPLC) based methods
• Design of Experiments (DOE) methodology
• Experience with scale-up and process modeling
• Liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry (LC-MS)
ATTRIBUTES OF SUCCESS
Results Driven Creativity Collaboration Integrity Adaptability Critical Thinking Accountability Optimization Independence Interactive Communication
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires a combination of sedentary work and standing for extended periods of time in the Research labs where personal protective equipment is required. Duties require fine finger dexterity, writing, typing, hearing, reading, and depth perception.
This is a salaried full time position with a regular schedule of Monday through Friday work hours. Extended hours may be needed on occasion to complete company objectives.
WHAT NOVEOME WILL DO FOR YOU
Noveome provides transparency in expectations, encourages innovative thinking, opportunities for expanded learning, competitive salaries, and a clean safe work environment. Eligible employees will appreciate the comprehensive benefits package and wellness perks.
REPORTS TO- RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
MANAGES OTHERS- NO
EDUCATION/YEARS’ EXPERIENCE- MASTERS WITH 4+ YEARS, OR BACHELOR’S WITH 6+ YEARS
RELATED DEGREE PROGRAMS- PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES, CHEMISTRY, BIOCHEMISTRY, IMMUNOLOGY, MOLECULAR BIOLOGY, BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
YEARS EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS- ACADEMIC RESEARCH AND/OR INDUSTRY LAB EXPERIENCE
A combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.